Friday, September 18, 2015

White With 1 September challenge

As soon as I saw this colour challenge for White With 1, I knew I needed to do this challenge.
[antique-moss4.jpg]
Now I don't ordinarily like working with green, but this colour is an exception to the rule, with it's earthy and golden tones. 
I decided to scrap something quite nature related, I had these photos taken at my parents house when I was visiting a couple of years ago, of a family of Willy Wagtails - the parents had made a nest in one of the trees in the backyard, and these beautiful parents very diligently tended to this nest and it's precious cargo, with a batch of 3 babies that they raised. Mum and Dad had watched this occur over the weeks, and Dad took these pics over that time. The parents would take turns to sit on the eggs - a perfect display of parenting. 
For my background I used my favourite technique - texture paste, added some paint and my trusty stencils, and added some small splatters of paint. I then layered with some patterned paper, cotton thread, chipboard and cardboard. I painted the burlap leaves and the cardboard with some of my paint mixture. The flowers are Prima and Little Birdie, and the worded wood veneer is from a pack at Typo. I just had to add a little family of wood veneer birdies. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 
A study in nature


10 comments:

  1. What amazing photos! Love the background!mthanks for joining in with White With One this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely layout. Love your little birdies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout, and fabulous photos. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW !! How well does this colour match your gorgeous photos. Its so rustic and earthy, I love it. Thanks for joining us at WW1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and those little birdies so cute :-) Thanks for joining in with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with this layout, love the texture and the photo's are perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining us at WW1`

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thank you for playing along with the White with 1 'Antique Moss' challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photos! sensational job!.. absoloutely gorgeous work! I just love the way you have used the colour this month!.. thanks for playing along at White.. with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete