Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Scrap Matrix guest designer share - Art journal double page spread

Hi everyone, I am back with my second share for October for Scrap Matrix as a guest designer. This has been a real privilege, thanks Vicki.
So, for my second share, I have an art journal creation. I am reasonably new to art journaling, so still finding my feet with it. I loved doing this one though, as the products I used are just so much fun.
I really love the 13 Arts ayeeda watercolour powders, and this was the main feature used on my art journal spread.

With these powders, the more water added, the more dilute the solution, and with less water the more intense the colour.

So with the sky blue, I spread this over my art journal page, adding water as I went, adding more powder – even to the page, and continued spreading it until I was happy with the look I was achieving. I dried it in between layers, to be able to add more intensity in some areas.

I added splashes of water to the layers as well, to create some spots on the spread colour.

I used the most basic of tools for my art journal, grabbing the trusty paper tool, and I removed sections of colour as well, as really wanted some differentiation on the pages.

Once I was happy with the layers, and after drying them all off, I then added some more intense colour with a spray in the mini mister, as I wanted to create some flowers.

I then started to bring in the brown watercolour as well.

After I was happy with the background colour, I sealed it with some clear gesso.
I grabbed my white sharpie and gel pens, and started to draw circular shapes onto the pages.

I cut out some circular shapes from some leftover Blue Fern Studio patterned paper, and added this to the pages.


The next step was to do some random stamping around the pages.

I mixed the blue and brown watercolour mixtures to make a greenish colour, adding another colour tone to the pages, and painted the stamped images with this and also with the straight diluted colours.

To then added some plasterers tape, 7 Dots Studio Lost and Found elements and word stickers.


To complete the pages, I grabbed some Art Alchemy acrylic paint, and randomly painted this around the paper flowers.

So the completed art journal pages were a complete surprise to me, how the watercolour powders would work with techniques I used. It was a completely random process, and a great way to explore some very fun products.

Art journal spread



Products used: 
Art journal
13 Arts Studio Ayeeda watercolour powders
Prima Finnabair clear gesso
Blue Fern Studio Wanderlust patterned paper
Blue Fern Studio Departure stamp
Stampin Up Reason to Smile stamps
Stampin Up Fast and Fabulous Stamps
Dina Wakely stamp set
Ranger Archival ink
Plasterers tape
7 Dots Studio Lost and Found Elements
7 Dots Studio Lost and Found word stickers

Prima Art Alchemy acrylic paint

1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks amazing, well done on being a guest.. I love the step by steps you have shared...

    ReplyDelete