Monday, October 16, 2017

Scrap Matrix guest DT layout for October challenge - watercolours and words - This moment captured

Hi everyone, I am sharing my first Scrap Matrix guest post. I am so pleased to have been chosen as a guest designer for Scrap Matrix , and have this layout to share with you, for the Watercolour and words challenge for October.
As I was searching the store for products, I came across the awesome Blue Fern Studio Wanderlust patterned papers, and knew this was where I wanted to start my layout for the Watercolour and Words challenge. I had a photo from my 2016 holiday in Hawaii just perfect for the layout, and these papers were so right for the photo. I tore the edges of the papers and layered 3 different sheets together to create the background.  I also stamped on the papers just a little, using the Blue Fern Studio departure stamp.
This Moment Captured

I chose some 13arts rainbow watercolour powders, for the watercolour component to the challenge. These products are new to me, and I have to say, are now a new favourite product, so will need to get a few more colours. I chose sky blue and brown, as they were going to match the papers nicely.
I purchased  a Blue Fern Studio chipboard title for my layout, which I firstly sprayed with gesso, then started to colour with the watercolour powders.


You only need a small amount of the powders, and the more water you add the lighter the colour. I had a couple of different puddles of colour tones that I used to colour my elements.

I purchased some dried roots, that were available in ecru, which I coloured with the watercolour powders, both by painting on and spraying (adding powder and water into mini mister) , and then tucked the roots in around the paper layers:




I stamped some flowers onto watercolour paper, using an archival ink. I then blended the powders adding more water or powder, as required to colour the flowers from light to darker.



I die cut the flowers, and placed these around my layout, surrounding my photo with them:

This challenge is also about words, so I purchased some 7 Dots Studio lost and found word stickers, and scattered these around the layout, including as part of the title.

My journaling was typed onto some cardstock, but I didn’t like the colour match, so I just added a little of the watercolour paper to the cardstock, to allow it to match the rest of the layout.


I had  a lot of fun with these gorgeous products. Make sure you take a look around the Scrap Matrix shop for some really cool products. Thanks to Vicki and the team for having me as guest designer.
I hope you have enjoyed my creative process. If you would like to see more of my work, take a look at my blog here.
Products used:
Blue Fern Studio Wanderlust patterned papers
Cardstock
13 Arts Studio rainbow colour watercolour powders
Ranger archival ink
Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms stamps
Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms die
Blue Fern Studio Departure stamp
7 Dots Studio Lost and Found stickers
7 Dots Studio Lost and Found elements
Blue Fern Studio chipboard title
UsARtQuest Prills
Prima Archivist flowers
Prima flowers - other
Dried roots – ecru



No comments:

Post a Comment