Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Scrapping Outback June "White with a twist" Challenge

The June "White with a twist" challenge at Scrapping Outback is to use the following image as inspiration:
It's a pretty awesome image, makes me want a mint thick shake with chocolate, yum.
Anyway, I chose a photo taken in Singapore last year, as it had a lot of greenery in it. I don't usually like working with green, but this one captured my imagination, and I had a lot of fun playing. I guess the overall design is ok, I don't think it is what I first envisaged. 
I started with a Kaisercraft patterned paper to which I sprayed with Lindy's stamp gang, then stencilled using a Scrap FX stencil and texture paste, to create a tropical leafy feel. I rubbed some metallic lustre over this. My chipboard pieces are from Buzz and Bloom and I added Tim Holtz distress embossing powder to this. Under the photo is a range of scrap papers and some torn cardboard. I then added the whole layout to a piece of chipboard to frame it. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave.
Chillaxin


5 comments:

  1. Wow....what an awesome layout Sandra!
    Love the texture, very creative!!!!
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this month over at Scrapping Outback ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfectly inspired lol...yep that mint chocolate shake would be perfect on that sunny chair ! Love this take and all the elements are just gorgeous and creative. thanks for taking the challenge again this month Sandra, hoping you'll be back again in July !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Sandra. You certainly have created a tropical leafy feel. Thanks for playing and hope you will be back next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely amazing background! Love your take on our challenge! Thank you once again for having fun with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the textures and colours. Great photo btw.

    ReplyDelete