Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Off the Rails Scrapbooking September challenge

The challenge set at Off the Rails Scrapbooking for September is to use this moodboard for inspiration:
The colours in this spoke of male inspired but also winter. I didn't want to scrap winter, I'm over it, so I scrapped a male themed layout. I was inspired by the word dream and the colours.  I chose this photo of my son, from his karate black belt grading 3 years ago. I decided to go grungy with this, after all it takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get a black belt. 
I chose this Rusty Pickle patterned paper - yes quite old I know, (is that brand even around anymore?), but it worked, in my opinion anyway. I roughed it up, and layed it onto the basic grey patterned paper base. I added a strip of the leftover, and then a strip of Couture Creations die release paper, some washi tape, Project Life journaling cards, tissue paper. I embellished simply with Charms Creations chevron, buttons, Birdies embellies chevrons. I die cut the title out of chipboard. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave.
Dream


9 comments:

  1. It's great Sandra. I really love how it's mostly monochrome with those little pops of red! Fantastic take on the mood board. Thanks for sharing with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout, I love the pops of red too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Thanks for joining with us at OTR!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic take on our mood board palette, the red makes it all just pop. Also I love the additions of the chevrons. Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Sandra! Any use of an old paper is a good use I say! Thanks for joining in at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the little details! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great page.. awesome accents.. thanks for playing along with OTRS colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fun page. Thank you for joining in at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete