Sunday, June 12, 2016

Challenge for Deer and Fawn Designs

This is the Queens birthday long weekend, and it has been cold and rainy here. I was up for scrapping this weekend, and even though I haven't done as much as I would have liked, I have done some. I stumbled upon a challenge on facebook, set by Connie Hatch for Deer and Fawn Designs. The challenge was to use up 5 different patterned papers from your scrap stash, and a doily.
I liked the sound of this challenge, I am really trying to use up old stuff of late, trying to give it a modern take.
So for this challenge, I chose a photo, taken at Walhalla, on a recent weekend getaway with my husband. This historic village is awesome, and we walked and walked all weekend, just exploring on foot, this amazing place.
I certainly had no problems finding patterned papers in my stash that was scrap, I don't throw much out, it will come in handy sometime.
I used a piece of cardstock that I had prepared earlier that was a "negative" of  a stencil I had used on another piece of paper with Ken Oliver colour bursts (my fave product at the moment). I stamped around the edge of this as well.
I embellished simply with a Charms Creations lollipop, flowers and a handmade paper clip (made by me).
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
 Historic Walhalla

No comments:

Post a Comment