Sunday, June 5, 2016

Scrap the Boys June challenge

So it's winter, already!. It is wet and drizzly here in Melbourne this weekend, perfect weekend for scrapping. So I have managed to get this challenge done for Scrap the Boys.
So for this challenge, I was basically inspired by the colours, even though I struggle to scrap with such restrictive tones of black and white. However, for this challenge, I chose to get grungy, and I had fun with it. 
My husband, for as long as I have known him (30 years) has always wanted a Ford Mustang. Every time he sees one, he is literally drooling, lol. One day, he might just get one - maybe it will be our retirement car - hahaha. So this photo is of him admiring a Mustang, at a display of vintage cars in Melbourne on Australia Day. 
I stamped the background with a variety of stamps, then used the patterned papers, corrugated cardboard and washi tape to create the rest of the background. I used Charms creations chevrons and a tab to embellish with. I am really pleased with this layout, despite my hesitations with black and white. My husband even really loved this layout, lol. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 

 Mustang Dreaming

6 comments:

  1. Love this Sandra, awesome photo and awesome layout. Thank you for playing along with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love that photo on this page and that background with the touches of black. Such a striking design. Love, Love, Love this page!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page...sounds like my husband...I have pics of him drooling over mustangs as well..He goes to see them in Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the challenge Sandra. Love how you used the patterned paper and embelishments and that photo is just perfect. You got to love our boys and their love for cars. And yeah for drizzling weather, nothing like cold weather and scrap time with a cuppa nearby. :) Thank you for joining us at STB x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect page Sandra, and you know I love the car :) Thanks for joining us this month at STB

    ReplyDelete