Monday, March 5, 2018

Scrapping Clearly March challenge

I have just spent the weekend at a retreat, and managed to get some scrapping done. Another couple of attendees at the retreat were Kylie Tout and Kim Kendall from Scrapping Clearly. Anyway, they asked me if I was going to have a go at the Scrapping Clearly challenge for March, so I had time on my hands at the retreat and did just that. Here is the challenge:
So I had 2 photos that I could have used for this, when I looked at the quote, lol, I had a photo of me with drink in hand. However, I changed my mind and used the photo on my layout of myself and my daughter. I loved the quote, but I shortened it. I thought that was appropriate for this layout. 
My daughter changed her career a couple of years ago, committing to study, to gain her enrolled nurse diploma. She worked hard at it, and has since been a graduate nurse, and now continues on her journey. She is also planning soon to return to uni to complete her studies to become a registered nurse. 
I flipped the sketch, as it worked better for the photo. I used texture paste and stencil for the background, applied some spray ink. I also fussy cut some floral paper and added flowers and other embellishments that I had on hand at the retreat. 
I really am raising a strong girl, who is becoming as equally a strong woman. 2 nurses in the family makes for some punch, lol. 
Love


1 comment:

  1. This layout looks amazing, love the photo and yes nurses are pretty gutsy people, they work really hard... well done on your daughter for pursuing her dreams and working towards them...

    ReplyDelete