Sunday, February 15, 2015

Scrapping Outback February Challenge

For February the challenge at Scrapping Outback is to be inspired by the image as below:


I had the perfect photos to choose for this challenge, from a very recent hot air balloon ride I did over the Yarra Valley with my daughter (a 50th birthday present). It was an enjoyable experience, except for the 3am wake up. The morning was otherwise glorious, and the sunrise did not disappoint, nor did the balloon ride, quite exhilarating. 
For my layout, I was inspired by the colours, and I chose to create my background using string to apply the colour, I was trying to capture the feeling of sunrise, it didn't quite work on paper the same as it did in my head, but I'm quite happy with the effect regardless. 
My chipboard pieces are a balloon die cut from JT's later cuts, which I coloured using Zig wink of stella brush, and another 2 that I stamped onto chipboard using a My favourite things stamp. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and any comments you may leave. 
Sunrise


5 comments:

  1. Love the way this turned out. Beautiful colours and the string painting effect is awesome. You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Wow Wow - what a gorgeous take on this months challenge colours - stunning work!!
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation! Great take on our challenge! Thank you so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply beautiful Sandra - and the colours in that gorgeous sunrise & the colours in your c/b balloons are perfect for the colour inspiration. well done and thank you for returning to Scrapping Outback in Feb. looking forward to more of your work in March ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Sandra. Loving the colours. An outstanding page. Hope you will join in next month too :)

    ReplyDelete