Monday, April 20, 2015

Scrap Around The World April Challenge

At Scrap Around the World this month, there is a really cool inspiration board to be inspired by:
I have had so much fun playing along with these challenges in the last couple of months, and this month was no different. I have enjoyed how much I can get really arty with these challenges, and letting my creativity just flow. 
For this challenge, I was inspired by the colours, and the image of the boat with the rope.
I had this photo, which was taken on a holiday in Merimbula back in 2009. I went walking one day. while my hubby and son went fishing, so I played with my camera and snapped some artistic style photos. This photo was perfect for this challenge. 
I sprayed the background with some Prima colour bloom spray, then went back with some Lindy's stamp gang spray. I added some texture with texture paste and stencils, and then some stamping. I obtained a new product on the weekend at a Scrapping expo, some Decoart metallic lustre. which I rubbed over the page in different areas, fun product. I chose a selection of co-ordinating patterned papers as a mat for my photo, and added twine and cotton behind the mat. A bit of muslin added to the bottom of the mat as well, to add a bit more fibre texture. The the mica flakes to top it off.
My embellishments include the book page chevron from Charms Creations, and some Scrapmatts chipboard, including the title. 
I really enjoyed getting arty with this layout and challenge.
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Once Upon a Time


8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful layout with so many gorgeous techniques! Thank you for joining the SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning layout! Thanks so much for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome page!!!!!
    Thanks for playing with us at SATW!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so striking Sandra! Thanks for joining us over at SATW xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout! I love the soft colored background and the masking! Beautiful work! Great textures with your embellishments and flowers! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love this page. You've really captured the feel of the mood board

    ReplyDelete