Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Scrap the Boys July Challenge

So this month at Scrap the Boys, the challenge is to be inspired by this moodboard:
This one really tricked me, to me it felt more feminine than masculine, so I guess that is where the challenge lies. However I did manage a layout, and it feels right for me for the board. 
I used this smaller versioned photo of nephew Kalden, and kept the layout fairly simple. I was inspired by the orange and yellow in the board, and by the circles in image 2, and the quote. I used a variety of tubes from various things such as paper towel and other household items to create the circles with acrylic paint. I used one of the heavenly hearts from Charms Creations, a few punched circles of patterned paper and a couple of buttons, so kept it pretty simple. I am pleased with the overall effect. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 
Free Spirit


6 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this! The simplicity is wonderful. Those circles look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I love those circles. And such a happy sunny photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those circles! Gorgeous page. Thanks for joining in at STB this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute page - those circles look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you used household items to create this fun background!! Thanks for playing along at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandra just love your layout - so happy! Thanks for playing with us at STB

    ReplyDelete