Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Scrapping Clearly July sketch challenge

This is the first time I have tried one of the challenges at Scrapping Clearly, there are 2 each month, this is the sketch challenge, if I get time I will try the gorgeous moodboard.
I really liked playing with this sketch, and my layout came together pretty quickly for it. I chose this photo of niece Amanda with her 3 children. The page is quite masculine, which surprised me, it wasn't deliberate, but I like it this way. 
For the background border, I stamped using a really cool Darkroom Door stamp, then added the other 2 background papers which was misted. I chose a selection of scrap papers that all just went together, not from any kits, just scraps. I had a Teresa Collins banner from a travel kit, which I inked, it worked, then stamped with a Stampin Up wording stamp to create the words that are to the sides of the photo. The die cut "title" piece is a Fancy Pants die cut. The camera flair is from Funky Flairs Studio, and I have used DIY embellishments from Charms Creations,  which I stitched over them with a sewing machine - pretty cool effect. 
I am very happy with the overall layout. 
Thanks for looking at my layout and for any comments you may leave. 
Together is My Favourite Place to be


6 comments:

  1. Sandra I love your take on our Sketch! I hope you will find the time to try our Moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your sketch tale Sandra - thanks so much for joining in @ Scrappingclearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy vibrant page! Great take on the sketch, thanks for joining in at Scrappingclearly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this take on the sketch and all you bits and pieces thanks for joining in at scrapping clearly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout and I love the clusters and photo. Thanks for joining Scrappingclearly this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your embellishments !!!! Stunning!!! thanks for playing along with Scrappingclearly

    ReplyDelete