Sunday, April 6, 2014

Show Us Your Stuff April Challenge

This is the second time I have participated in a Show us your stuff challenge, sometimes finding time to scrap is a challenge in itself. I felt quite inspired to do this challenge though, whilst spending the weekend scrapping with my friend Alz Callcott. I recently turned 50, and had a 1960's theme party, lots of bold colours and lots of fun. This months Show Us Your Stuff Challenge was absolutely perfect for some of the photos from my party. The cake image itself was one I had posted on my pinterest board as inspiration for my birthday cake. Anyway I drew inspiration from the cake image for the colours seen in my photos, plus the round shapes to tie in balloon themes.
The handmade items I have used in my layout include a handmade paper clip, handmade yoyo flowers (genuine vintage from 1968!), and a handmade flair from A Lil Somethin.

Gogo Girls

I know this is over the top, but it is in line with the fun from the night. Thanks for looking. 

7 comments:

  1. Very colourful and as you say in keeping with the theme of the night. Fun, fun, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been wonderful to celebrate with you, Sandy. Love your layout about your special night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is brilliant!!! Looks like a fun night & this layout is perfect for the theme! Thanks for playing with us over @ SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love all the colour in this layout! The handmade vintage yoyos are awesome, and so are those pics! Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so FUN!! Everything really pops, love it :) Thanks for playing along at SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Love how bright and fun this page is! Fab take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in at SUYS this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun layout! Thanks for joining in at SUYS in April!

    ReplyDelete