Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tea and Scones - D-lish Scraps Design Team share #1

Hi everyone. 
 I am very excited to be part of the D-lish Scraps design team, and am looking forward to the next 6 months of sharing with you. 
I have decided to start my shares, by setting a theme  - to use texture on your projects. You don't have to be restricted to just using paper, there are many products on the market, and also found in your home, that can add texture to your layout.  
I would like to start with my layout that I did using this months Inspiration board, which is a beauty. 
Straight away when you look at the board, you can see texture in it - crochet birds, pinwheels, wood fence, fabric banners, frames, buttons, flowers, gobstoppers, etc. So many textural elements that are inspiring. 
I took inspiration from the banner, the flowers, the crochet birds, the wooden fence, and the buttons, as well as the primary colours. 
I kind of used the sketch, with this patterned paper, which I felt went with the elements I was using, and the photo. The patterned paper on it's own is very flat though, so it needed the textural elements to lift it. I added one of the wood veneer postage stamp frames behind my photo. Ordinarily I have struggled to use these frames, but mounting the photo onto it worked well. I also coloured the frame, to give it the wood grain look from the inspiration board. I also added a little wooden birdhouse buttons  in a cluster to the side of the wood veneer frame.
For more texture I cut in half a yellow crochet doily, and tucked it into my cluster. I then added  plastic buttons, starflowers, resin flowers, and spiral stamens to my cluster for a variety of textural elements. 
I also added a few of these items to other areas of my layout.
I also added a few of these items to other areas of my layout.
Tea and Scones


No comments:

Post a Comment