Monday, October 12, 2015

Scrap The Girls October challenge - Awesome Day

This month at Scrap the Girls, the challenge is to be inspired by this moodboard:
I love the colours in this moodboard. I was inspired by that and also the texture in the wall - I used wood panelling. I also loved the feathers and the butterflies, and chose words out of the quote. 
I used this photo of myself, my daughter and my friend Vicki, when she was visiting in March this year, photo taken at a quirky scone cafe in Melbourne, called Jam and Cream - best scones ever. They have out the back of the cafe a vintage caravan, painted pink, as well as cute plants and chooks. So retro. 
I tried to create a bit of a retro feel to my layout. I kept the layout fairly clean - unusual for me, but my mojo was missing, so mixed media was not something I could use in the frame of mind I had at the time. 
I made a cluster using a variety of flowers, resin butterfly and flower, and a vintage Charms Creations lollipop. I also added die cut feathers to the cluster. 
I also added some seam binding that has been dyed with Prima colour bloom spray.
I added a small terrific tab from Charms Creations above the photo, and made another cluster to the top of the page, with some more small die cut feathers. 
I finished off with some splatters of white paint.
Despite the simplicity of the layout, I am happy with it's overall result.
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave.
Awesome Day



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sandra!! I love the feathers and the beautiful flower cluster!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap the Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, you nailed the mood board colours perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Sandra! Your cluster is amazing! Glad you joined us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty layout - I love the flowers and the dyed binding. I love it

    ReplyDelete