Thursday, February 11, 2016

Scrap the Boys February challenge

This month at Scrap the Boys, the challenge is to use this sketch:
Now even though this is a fairly simple, but gorgeous sketch, it is actually a challenge, to get onto paper something that looks good. 
I wanted to scrap this lovely photo of my great nephew Max, as it was just so appealing, but I didn't want to detract from the photo. At the same time I didn't want a boring background for the photo to go on. I really wanted the photo to take pride of place on the layout, so kept the colour scheme neutral, with the grey tones of the patterned paper on the white cardstock. 
I had this paper rope which I made into circles to represent the circles on the sketch. 
Instead of adding something to each section on the sketch, I added the extra bits to the middle section. I also added to my layout 3 gorgeous Charms Super Stars, perfect embellishment for this layout. 
I know this looks simple, but I think it needed to be. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and for any comments you may leave. 
Little Man



9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo Sandra and I love that ribbon on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous take on the sketch Sandra. Love that photo too, he is such a cutie! Thank you for playing along with STB this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful.. that photo is gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is divine as is the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love and more love for this layout. Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally LOVE this take on the sketch Sandra! A gorgeous photo and colour palette!!! Thanks for joining in on the STB challenge this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page Sandra. The colour scheme is perfect to make that adorable face really stand out. Thanks for joining us at STB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love this layout and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous Sandra! I love the colour palette you chose with all those earthy and neutral shades. Perfect for showcasing the photo. Great job. Thanks for joining us at STB

    ReplyDelete