Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Scrap Matrix guest designer for May - Dream Big

Hello, I am delighted to have been asked to be guest designer at Scrap Matrix, for a second time. It has been fun to play along with the new challenge, "To the Point". Here is the challenge graphic, as a reminder:

There is so much great inspiration here with this challenge, so it was a fun one to be able to do.
I had a photo in mind when it came to this challenge, and when I received the papers and other products to play with, I knew this was going to work together. I wanted to create something really grungy, but not too grungy that it was overwhelming to work with my photo. 

Dream Big



I started this layout with these awesome 7 Dots Studio Hazy Days collection papers, I mean to say, they just speak grunge to me when I look at them. To top it off, they already had on them chevrons and zigzag patterns, just like in the challenge graphic. I cut the chevron strip off the bottom of the Zip paper and stuck it to the Slick paper, as this had the colour on it that I wanted to work with. 


The other great product that I got to use for this layout was this Paper Artsy stencil.


So I was well and truly supplied with products to make a grungy boy layout using the point theme for the challenge. 

I laid down some colour onto my patterned paper, using Dylusions paint, Dina Wakely acrylic paint, and Tim Holtz distress oxides.


Using the Paper Artsy stencil, and Finnabair by Prima clear crackle texture paste, I applied texture over my page. 

Other detail added to the background was done by using this awesome stamp set by Paper Artsy and Ranger archival ink.



So after all of that creativity, I ended up with this background.


So to embellish the layout, firstly I made some stars, using the 7 dots paper, I also used this to mat my photo. 




I was given this awesome MAMBI chipboard pack to work with. So using chipboard pieces that worked for the layout, I sanded them back to make them a bit grungy, and placed them strategically around the page in clusters, wherever they suited. For the title I had a different idea in my head, but flicking through the pack, I found the piece that said Dream Big, which I thought was a perfect title, considering my great-nephew was trying to get onto a very oversized skateboard. 



As extra embellishing, I used 7 Dots Studio Lost and Found Elements to scatter around the layout.


I love the grungy feel to this layout, without it being too grungy for a small boy. I loved creating it. So I hope I have provided some inspiration, and you feel like doing the challenge. Until next time...Sandra.


Scrap Matrix products used: 

Paper Artsy stamp set - Tracey Scott 08
Dylusions paint - Chopped Pesto
Tim Holtz distress oxides - Faded jeans, Hickory smoke, Peeled paint

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous page, love the arrows and background details..

    ReplyDelete