Monday, May 25, 2015

Scrap Around the World May Challenge

The challenge at Scrap Around the World, is to be inspired by this moodboard:
This is a really pretty moodboard, but I really struggled with it - how can that be? I love doing pretty. 
I think I was struggling with the correct photo to choose, but eventually I chose this one of my daughter and her friends.
I was inspired by the colours and the flowers. 
I used a MME patterned paper, and added texture paste using a Scrap FX stencil. I then added embossing powder to the texture paste, heat embossed that, and ended up with a raised pattern. I added some radiant rain daubers to this to colour the patterned paper, and make the drips. I stamped using a Stampin up stamp and a Kaisercraft stamp. I cut some chipboard with a Tim Holtz die, and then laid everything over the top of that. I used one of Charms Creations heart embellishments and a range of flowers. I don't mind how this turned out, just wish I had done it a bit differently, and then I'm not sure what I would have done. 
Thanks for looking at my layout, and any comments you may leave. 
Celebrate Friendship


9 comments:

  1. This is gorogeus Sandra! Fab colour combo and beautiful flower cluster. Thanks for playing along in the Epic Event at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about what inspired someone on their page and I love what you've done with this one! All that texture and the flower cluster is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Really inspiring! Thank you for joining in our Epic Event at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! I love the masking work and that great chippie! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous! Thanks for playing along in the Epic Event at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page! Thank you for celebrating our May Epic Event with us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've used lots of techniques to produce this very pretty page. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful work! Thank you for joining our epic event at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page! Thanks for playing along at SATW for our Epic Event!!

    ReplyDelete