Saturday, September 1, 2018

Scrap the Girls September DT share - Crazy Chicks

Can you believe it is September? I can't. So here is the new challenge for September at Scrap the Girls:

I have used sketches a lot as inspiration for a layout, but this one threw me, know idea why, but I pulled my big girl socks up and after discarding my first layout, I decided on this one. 
I think my problem was initally I was trying to use the 3 small photos, and it wasn't working, so when I decided to used just one photo, but keeping the sketch in mind, it came together. I have also tweeked the sketch a little, by putting the title at the bottom of the page - swapping it with the details, which I have added to the top of the page. 
I stamped a few flowers, coloured them and fussy cut them. I used some Dusty Attic chibpoard with cogs, and the grungy paper, to give the grungy feel to this layout. Given that the photo is monotone, I wanted to add some colour to the layout, and did this with the flowers, and spraying the background paper. 
I had some die cuts from Created by Gwen, to add a pop of white to the layout. They are lovely die cuts to work with.
The final touch to the layout, is the inclusion of the Charms Creations DIY star, which I have stamped on and coloured with 2 different colours. 
Crazy Chicks



No comments:

Post a Comment